Thinking About Selling Your Home?
10 Things to do Before You List:
1. Home Repairs
Before you grab your tool belt, and get started it is important to find out just how big a job you have! Personally, I believe it is well worth the money to get a home inspection done before you list your home for sale so that you KNOW what repairs need to be done.
Buyers are going to find out anyway, so why wait until you have an offer on the table to face the facts? Whether you decide to get a home inspection or not, it's important to get your home into shape. Buyers like move-in ready homes. Don't procrastinate. Bit the bullet and pay the $300 or so to get a home inspection before you list. It could save you a lot of time in the long run.
. Flooring is always one of the things a buyer notices first. You don't want the first words out of your mouth to be "This flooring needs to be replaced." If you have old carpet, consider updating it by adding new carpet or laminate flooring. If you really want to impress put down new hardwoods. Already have hardwood flooring? Refinish it and let the shine take their breath away!
3. Update the bathrooms. If you can't afford to replace large items like showers and toilets, focus on the small things you can do to make a big impact. Update your decor, paint the walls, and put out new, trendy towels. Stash some awesome smelling sachets throughout the room. I love this one from Kirkland's!
4. Low-cost landscaping is a excellent way to boost your curb appeal. Weed flower beds. Plant shrubbery and trees. Enhance your front porch with potted plants. The idea here is to make your home as appealing as possible - from the inside, out!
5. Give the walls a fresh coat of paint. Again, buyers love move-in ready! Focus on neutral tones from gray to beige and even light green! Neutrals are in!
6. A sixth of your room's total area is ceiling space! If nothing else will do, paint it. Have a popcorn ceiling? Here is a great method for removing stains.
7. Good lighting is a must! Make sure all bulbs are in working order; replace the ones that aren't. Lighting can make a huge difference in how a buyer sees the overall room. If you don't have a lot of overhead light, consider investing in extra lamps that will provide a warm glow that is enticing to buyers!
8. An inviting entrance is of vital importance. You want potential buyers to "feel it" when they walk up to your door. This entryway is a great example of simple, yet inviting. Don't be afraid to give your front door a pop of color. Use plants and other items to create a complete design experience!
9. Keep up maintenance. Don't wait until you get a honey-do list full.
10. Pay attention to detail. Your home will either make a buyer say, "wow!" or it will make a buyer say, "there's a lot of work to do here." You definitely want them to say WOW!
These tips can mean the difference in "for sale" and "sold!"
“Your Hometown REALTOR®”
*If you are thinking about buying or selling this year, please give me a call at the number above, so we can set a time to discuss the benefits of working with a REALTOR®.
Specializing in North MS Real Estate for sale in Calhoun, Chickasaw, Grenada, Lafayette, and Yalobusha County.
Homes for sale in Bruce, MS
Homes for sale in Grenada, MS
Homes for sale in Houston, MS
Homes for sale in Oxford, MS
Homes for sale in Water Valley, MS
and everywhere in between!
Are you outside my general area? It’s okay! Give me a call so we can discuss it.